At the office
Yesterday, we were all in the office at work, and having finally remembered to bring my camera, I was able to get some shots of our mission team, both missionaries and local Russians at work.

Since he's my boss, we'll start off with Brent. I know that we have had his family on the blog before, but here is a great "action shot" of him working on some project.
Next is Matt, the theological educator of our team. I am sure that as I was taking this picture, Matt was about to say something quite
profound that probably should have been recorded for posterity's sake. But, now, the comment is lost forever....FOREVER!!!So, besides me, that is the team of LCMS Russia missionaries!
Now, on to our Russian co-workers, who by the way, are simply fantastic, a great addition and help to us, and each are very good at their jobs.
First is Alexey, who is one of the two translators that our office uses (the other, Masha, is on maternity leave right now).
He is incredibly gifted with languages, and can translate at speeds that could allow him to work for embassies, the UN, or some government agency. But, thankfully, he works with us!
Next is Dasha, whose main job is to work in music-related projects. She has been working on, for a while, a huge project, namely compiling a new hymnal, including all of the music on mp.3, an project that is being done in partnership between the mission and the Ingrian Lutheran Church in Russia.
Finally, is Lena, our bookkeeper, problem solver, and all around doer-of-every-miscellaneous task-person, a very enjoyable lany with a great sense of humor. We get along very well, and have already coined nicknames for each other: I am a "хулиган" and she is a "хулиганка"--I am a hooligan (in the masculine form), and she, too, is a hooligan (though in the feminine form).There are two people missing from this list, one is Pastor Igor, the senior pastor at Holy Trinity in Moscow, who works for our office on the HIV/AIDS projects we are beginning, who had already left for the day before I remembered to take pics. The other is the aforementioned Masha, who I have never but, but who translated my first sermon into Russian for me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home