Catching up with you...
Hello again! I know that it has been a while since I have blogged, but things have been…er, I have been…well, how do I say this in a nice way? : I have been unavoidably detained by relaxation, reading in English, and visiting with family. Yes, yes, I have ignored writing for a while, and am now repenting of my negligence.
On the 27th, Julie’s mother arrived for a weeklong visit, which meant, of course, that the 26th was spent cleaning the house, rearranging furniture, and pretending like our apartment is always this clean (anyone who has or who has had a little crawling, exploring, never-satisfied-until-everything-within-reach-has-been-touched little one knows that a clean apartment lasts exactly 13 minutes). Since then, the past week has been spent enjoying 1) family 2) another native English speaker 3) a willing, able, and FREE babysitter 4) a visit from our very own “Stateside Santa”—all of which came in the form of Julie’s mom, Marsha.
Now, however, Julie’s mom has left, who amazingly stayed as long as she possibly could—after leaving yesterday, she has to teach kindergarten today. Julie and I were suggesting that they have an extended naptime today, modeled by the teacher! Anyways, now that we are once again our small family, I will begin to catch up on telling you some of our experiences of the past few days…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home