Sunday, November 20, 2005

Been sidelined lately

So of course, after I put a notice in our last newsletter regarding our blog (with every intention of keeping up on posting items), David comes down with an illness which promptly got me sick. So, my body forced me to have a mini sabbatical from blogging, but now I am back and feeling (almost) fine again.

I was recently reading a book on cross-cultural adjustments entitled The Art of Crossing Cultures by Craig Storti (which, incidentally, is a very good read) and he talked briefly about how it is very common in the first few months of cross-cultural adjustment to suffer from bouts of illness as the body is working to adjust to the new environment. Well, in the past month, I have had two colds--one that I was able to function with, and one that kept me home for 5 days. Now, I am not sure if this is from crossing cultures (which it may well be) or from having a ball of germs, which is my son. All I know is that it is rare for me to have two colds in one month.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home