Sunday, November 06, 2005

Exciting Sundays!

For the past two weeks, the small church in Tver has experienced incremental growth in each of its weekly services. Last week, the organist, who initially came to play for the services simply for the monetary gains, was confirmed into the church. It was actually quite a surprise, because from what I gathered by talking with Jaroslav and Tanya (our friends in the church who are consistent attenders) there was no announcement of the impending addition to the church. Even though the organist didn't come to the church initially simply because of a desire to meet God, it is an exciting reminder to see the Word of God in action in her life. Being exposed to the Gospel on a week to week basis led her to desire to join the church--how exciting is that example of the power of the Word (Isaiah 55:10-11)!

Today, however, was even better as Alex was baptized into the faith. It was quite a thrilling moment to see him enter into the kingdom of God. I was quite excited, even though I understood only pieces of his profession of faith and of the subsequent baptism, it was still a momentous day. And even though there wasn't any loud celebration going on in our little church at that moment, I do know that there was some celebrating in the heavenly realms!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home