Saturday, August 12, 2006

Vacation

As you can tell from my lack of blogging, something has been up with us. Well, for the last half of July, our family went on vacation to West Africa. West Africa?!—that hardly seems like an average vacation spot. Indeed, it isn’t. But, we were taken there by the desire to see my sister and her family, who serve as missionaries in Guinea. Thus, we flew in and out of Bamako, Mali, and spent two weeks living with them in Siguiri, Guinea.

Even now, trying to break down the trip, and describe the wealth of experiences that we had there is overwhelmingly difficult. Probably, that is true because it was so OTHER from any travel experiences that we had before (which is saying something, because we have traveled a fair amount). The milieu there was such a strong contrast for us, that I found myself wide-eyed, attempting to soak in the rich events, sights, sounds, smells, and people of our two weeks in Africa. I know that I won’t give it the descriptions that it deserves, as even now some of the “Africa amnesia” (as my sister and brother-in-law describe it) is setting in. That is to say, some of the really rough edges—both good and bad—have already seemed to soften a bit in my minds eye.

So, in the upcoming posts, I will try to give you some glimpses into our time in Guinea and Mali, though I doubt they will do Guinea and Mali justice.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP dialup fluoxetine diet Waterbed sheet silk

 

Post a Comment

<< Home