BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Today it was -29 F here. When we were walking home from language lessons (a 10-15 minute walk, but with this weather a bit more, as we stop halfway in a store to warm up), there wasn't the slightest breeze--which, when there is, feels like hurricane-force winds--and it actually wasn't too bad. It is only when there is any movement of air that it is horrible.
It was funny, because with my beard, when I breathe out, the moisture in my breath instantly freezes and becomes icicles around my mouth. I think I look like one of those Antartic explores who has a frozen face (though I know that my beard wasn't covered like theirs').
Oddly enough, there are some people who must be part of the Polar Bear Club or something, because they are walking around as if it is 60 outside. I even saw one guy who wasn't wearing any gloves, no heavy jacket, and he didn't seem to mind.
I really feel sorry for our nanny, Oksana, who is currently without heat or hot water! Now THAT is absolutely insane!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home